Your donation will support the student journalists of Francis Howell Central High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs. FHCToday.com and our subsequent publications are dedicated to the students by the students. We hope you consider donating to allow us to continue our mission of a connected and well-informed student body.
iFocus, Voice: Making a Thanksgiving apple pie
November 25, 2014
-2 pie crusts (one for bottom and one for top)
-6 cups thinly sliced apples (six medium)
-3/4 cups of sugar
-2 tablespoons flour
-3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1) Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
2) In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
3) Bake 15 minutes then take pie out of oven and wrap aluminum foil around the edges.
4) Bake 20 t0 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
5) Immediately after taking pie out of oven spread egg whites over crust and dust with sugar.
6) Let cool for at least 2 hours before eating.
Want more excellent news coverage about FHC?
Head over to https://www.fhctoday.com for articles, blogs, photo galleries, videos, and more!
Download our FHCtoday mobile app for your on-the-go FHC news coverage:
iOS App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fhc-today/id818393055?mt=8
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conduit.app_d8e3726546e1427ab9c0e137a67f1dd2.app&hl=en