Spreading the love

Central Outreach reached out to every student and staff member with a personalized valentines day message

Starting early second semester, Central Outreach took on a challenge they had never done before. Their mission? Write a Valentine’s day card to every single person in the school, staff included.

Central Outreaches goal of this task was to simply let all of the FHC community know that they are appreciated. Junior Talia Thambyrajah was one of the many Central Outreach members that were deeply involved in this project.

“We didn’t think it would be that hard but it was actually very time consuming,”  Thambyrajah said.

After about two thousand cards and many hours of writing, the big day was here. On Valentine’s Day, every single student and staff member received a kind note signed “Love Central Outreach” and responded with even more enthusiasm than expected. Throughout the day, students reached out and responded with thanks to the club.

“It was so worth the time because our goal was to let people know they are noticed and appreciated at FHC,” Thambyrajah said. “Maybe it didn’t have a long term effect but it definitely made their day for one day and that’s all that matters. That we changed someone’s day for the better.”

$1759
$1500