Mrs.+Mair+intently+instructs+students+in+her+Spanish+class.+She+runs+an+interactive+classroom+environment.+

Mrs. Mair intently instructs students in her Spanish class. She runs an interactive classroom environment.

Magnificent Mair

Senior Sydney Trendley praises Mrs. Mair for making her feel welcome in the school

I had Mrs. Mair for my first three years at Francis Howell Central. I didn’t think Spanish would ever be one of my favorite subjects, but after I had Mrs. Mair, I have a huge passion for the Spanish language and even want to continue studying it in college.

Coming into my freshmen year, I was extremely nervous and shy being that I had come from a private school with five kid in my eighth grade class. Mrs. Mair’s classroom became a comfortable space and home for me during my high school career. She picked me for student of the month my freshman year and it was one of my favorite moments of high school.

Mrs. Mair is an outstanding teacher who has a passion for what she does. Her classroom environment is interactive and fun. Learning a new language is extremely difficult, but she made it not only easier, but way more enjoyable. Mrs. Mair is an amazing person and she is passionate at everything she does. She is selfless and spends so much time in her work. She is dedicated to Francis Howell Central and to her students. She sponsors the club, Central Outreach, and this is a true reflection of her character. She puts others before herself. To me, she is the best leader, role model, teacher, and friend.

-Sydney Trendley

When I heard publications was doing a teacher appreciation segment, I knew who I wanted to appreciate. This was the first teacher to welcome me to Francis Howell Central, my first hour teacher, Sra. Mair. Sra Mair is definitely one of the younger teachers, but does not lack in experience, if anything she excels above and beyond to make sure her students understand what they are learning and the cultural meaning behind it. I’ve had a lot of Spanish teachers over the years, so I know a good one when I see one. Sra. Mair is also exceptionally involved in the lives of students. I can give you first hand testimony of this because she sponsors the student run group of Central Outreach. Made up of incredibly caring kids, all we needed was a voice to back up our cause and Sra. Mair stepped right up and she never misses a chance to thank us for what we are doing. First impressions are vital to an overall experience. Like I said before, I was new this year. Here is how it went: I entered this brightly lit room and the teacher immediately guides me to my desk. Now, having a teacher help you find your way, even if it’s as simple as your seat, is a big deal to the new kid. That was really my first impression of Central and how insanely glad am I that it was a good one. Mair, I just want to thank you for all of that. I don’t think you truly understand how you affected my life. You’re so easy to talk to, which is so important for teachers, and you brag about me to my parents, I mean what more can I ask for? So I just want to say thank you.

-Aayushi Shah

$1759
$1500