Falling into the season

Lauren Nosal, Photographer

The Fall Festival took place on August 15th at the home of the Spartans. The event celebrated the beginning of the fall season, and included performances by the Sensations and cheerleaders of all levels. Other events included a home run derby for softball, a special sneak peek of the Marching Band’s new show “Go”, scrimmages by Freshman football, and scrimmages between the soccer team, all played under a cool drizzle.

The festivities kicked off with the Softball home run derby which had the players swinging for the fences, battling for the title of Home Run Queen. Senior Becca Stocker emerged the victor, hitting (4) dingers. Meanwhile, the freshman football team and the jv soccer team had a friendly scrimmage on their respective fields. To conclude the night.

Becca Stocker won the home run challenge as the girls softball team battled for the victorious home run winner. While the Freshmen football team  battled it out on the turf and the boys C team and JV scrimmage on the grass fields while varsity warms up.  The stands were packed and there were many spartans here to support their classmates. After the football game was over the varsity soccer team started up on the turf. The night ended in victories for all the Spartans, and helped get the teams prepared for the upcoming season.