Choir prepares for upcoming concerts

Along with its preparations for all-state, choir has been practicing for an upcoming concert on Dec. 15 at 7 p.m. All class periods and practice times have been devoted to rehearsing for these upcoming events. The concert in Dec. will be featuring all members of the choir.

The Treble Choir and the Concert Choir will both be singing “Think on Me,” words and music by Alicia Ann Scott and arranged by Greg Giplin; “Calypso Carol” by Kirby Shaw; “A Glad Noel” by Linda Spevacek, along with many others.

Soloists in the two choirs include junior Alisa Bunton, who will be singing in “Think on Me,” and also, sophomores Rebecca Johnson and Ashley Meyers who will be singing in “Calypso Carol.”

Along with those performances, the Men’s Chamber Choir will be singing “Frozen Waters” by Dustin Wengert and “Throw Open Your Shutters” by Amy F. Bernon.

Following these songs, the Women’s Chamber Choir will sing “Ave Maria” by Franz Schubert and arranged by Kirby Shaw; “A Gaelic Blessing” by John Rutter; and “Patapan” by Sandra Peter. Soloists from Women’s Chamber Choir include junior Becca Von and seniors Anna Gingrich, Kayla Kammermyer and Margaret Borgmeyer, who all have a part in “Ave Maria.”

After all of the performances, both of the chamber choirs will combine and sing” Blow, Blow, thou Winter Wind” words by William Shakespeare and music by John Purifoy; “Gesu Bambino (The Infant Jesus)” by Pietro A. Yon; “Caroling, Caroling” by Michele Weir; “The Sleigh (A La Russe)” by Richard Kountz and arranged by W. Reigger; and “Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!” arranged by Carl Strommen. The only solo during the final performances will be by senior Kyle Chumbley, during “Gesu Bambino.”

“This concert will be a collection of all their hard work during this semester,” Director Elisabeth Baird said.

Even with all of their hard work for that concert, seniors Melissa Mossinghoff, Joshua Burns, Borgmeyer, Gingrich and Chumbley still have to practice for All-State. They are beginning to learn the music, which includes, “Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy” by Tim Sharp;

“Gentle Annie” by Robert Lau; “Dona Nobis Pacem” by JS Bach; and a few others, to be found out at the competition.