New members welcome in choir

With all-state and its Dec. 15 concert approaching quickly, all choirs are trying to spread the word, and get new people to attend its performances, in order to spread the word that choir is always excepting new people.

“We know there are a lot of people at FHC that sing on a regular basis, and would be a great asset to our groups,” said Director Elisabeth Baird. “We’re always looking for new members.”

The combined chamber choirs will be singing at Saeger and Hollenbeck’s winter concerts to show case what the high school choir is for the incoming freshman. Saeger’s concert will take place on Dec. 6 and Hollenbeck’s is on Dec. 13.

With all-state coming up soon and the concert on Dec. 15, choir is focusing on getting people to come to the shows, to show what choir is really about. New members are always welcome at semester, all students have to do is talk to their counselor, and they are in choir. Senior Kyle Braden, has become “recruitment guru,” according to Baird. Braden, Baird and all other choir members are always looking to see their numbers grow.