Theatre departs for Jefferson City

The Spotlight Players will be heading to Jefferson City, Missouri, for the weekend as they will attend the Missouri Thespian Leadership Conference. The officers representing the Spotlight Players will be juniors Zach Breckle and James Hurley and seniors Andrew Henke, Jasmine Chandler, and Sean Gundersen.

According to Henke, the conference is a gathering of officers from across the state of Missouri. The conference is an officer-only event and provides insight into how to improve thespian societies at schools.

“[We] learn and share ideas, skills, and abilities to help us lead and push our thespians farther,” Henke said.

The conference, which Henke has attended once before, consists of many events designed to help officers.

“There’s these general sessions where everyone is accumulated together and there are also some guest speakers,” Henke said. “[We] also have discussions with people from other theatre groups about possible fundraisers and charities. Everyone just comes together and shares.”

In the meantime, the Spotlight Players will continue to rehearse its next play, “The Boys Next Door,” which will take place in November.