Approaching the End

Varsity softball beats Fort Zumwalt West 3-2 as they approach the end of the fall season

A+varsity+Spartan+hits+a+ball+at+the+game+against+FWZ.+The+Spartans+won+3-2+

Hannah Bernard

A varsity Spartan hits a ball at the game against FWZ. The Spartans won 3-2

Kayla Reyes, Paper Editor-in-Chief

On September 17, varsity girls softball played against Fort Zumwalt West. With a balance of teamwork and individual effort, the Spartans were able to bring home a win with a final score of 3-2.  

According to senior Kaylee Morris, the victory at this game was brought home quite quickly.

“It was a super, super quick game. Actually, we were always just getting three outs and going to the next inning. It wasn’t a big super hitting game. [We were] really on a journey there, but we ended up winning,” Morris said.

Sophomore Olivia Quinn was excited by the win and felt as though each player put their best foot forward, despite the absence of a few players.

“We all played well, even though we were missing one of our really good players and valuable players,” Quinn said.

According to Quinn, each iota of effort that has been put in by each player throughout the season has gotten them to this point. This effort has been essential to the team’s success thus far.

“I feel like we’ve worked well as a team and become better as teammates towards each other and worked well to keep winning,” Quinn said.

Morris adds that as the season progresses, playing teams with a high skill level helps prepare them for bigger tournaments and championships.

“It’s really hard to beat these teams because we’re in one of the best conferences, [but] it’s good to be playing these teams because it’s making us way better,” Morris said.

According to senior Olivia Fong, the younger players on varsity are continuing to improve their skills.

“Going into the season, we’re a very young team. As a senior, I knew that we had a lot of potential… but once we’re out there, age isn’t really a factor anymore because we’ve been like… going to championship games,” Fong said. “So I feel like our season’s going pretty well.”