Sept. 23, 2011

Announcements

Daily announcements will now be available on www.fhctoday.com at the following link: https://www.fhctoday.com/bulletins/daily-announcements

In addition, these announcements will be available via text message. To get them via text those interested can do the following:

Open a text message

In the message field type: Follow FHCtoday

Send the message to the following number: 40404

Detention is now open and available for students to serve their detentions.

Detentions are every morning at 6:30-7:15.

You may also serve detentions everyday at 2:30 – you must report to the cafeteria on time.

Or, you may serve detentions on Saturday from 9:00 – noon.

HOMECOMING DRESSES AVAILABLE: New Hope Resale Shop located on 3rd Street in St. Charles has 100-200 gently used Homecoming dresses that have been donated. Both short and long dresses are available. Call for their hours: 636-541-2424. Give ‘em a whirl! Both you and your budget could be pleasantly surprised! (10/1)

Attention all sophomore families, your student will be taking the PLAN (pre ACT test) on Friday, September 30th. This test will take place in the morning and then the students will be released to a luncheon provided by FHC. This lunch will include a hot dog, chips and a drink. If a student is not interested in this option, please bring a lunch from home this day. All students should also bring 2 pencils and a calculator with them this day. (9/30)

ALL FCCLA members that would like to walk in the homecoming parade please meet in Mrs. Bear’s room tomorrow morning, Friday, Oct. 23, before school to work on the banner.

DATE CHANGE: ALL SENIORS the Senior Big/Panoramic Picture has been changed to Tuesday, September 27th during 2nd hour. (9/27)

All seniors need to be photographed by Prestige Portraits in order to be in the yearbook. The yearbook only sitting is complimentary. No other photos will be accepted and photos taken by Lifetouch at schedule pick up cannot be used. Prestige’s scheduling number is 314.963.1414. The deadline is Nov. 18.

Students, we will be hosting a student forum on bullying at FHC, if you would like to be a part of the planning committee, join us in room 109 on October 20th at 6:45 or 2:30. If you cannot attend the meeting, please join Spartan Virtues on Facebook and leave a message of how we can improve your school! (10/20)

Homecoming!

Guest and Fine Forms are now available – remember that you cannot buy a ticket until you have a Fine Form completed! And no dates that are not students at FHC can attend the dance without a Guest Form completed. Pick those up at your Principal’s office.

Remember that you can vote for the students you want to see on the Homecoming Court during lunches on September 15th and 16th. Look for the table at lunch.

Also – pre-order your Homecoming T-Shirt this week so that you’re sure to get the size you want when you buy your tickets! Stop by the tables at lunch. (9/16)

Clubs

Attention all senior AM Lewis and Clark students, your senior panoramic picture will be taken on Thursday, September 22nd at 8.15 am. If you plan on being part of the picture, please inform your teacher at tech that FHC will have our senior panoramic picture on this date. (9/22)

Secondly, Monday September 26 is the date all registration and materials are due from the YIG students. The registration is $200, paid by check only, to YMCA – Youth in Government. Please place your son or daughter’s name in the memo area so no confusion will be made. Please place your son or daughter’s name in the memo area so no confusion will be made. (9/21)

FCCLA will be selling Lee Denim Day t-shirts at lunch and out of room 157 on Oct. 3-5. FHC will then show support by wearing the shirts on Oct. 5. Shirts will be $10 dollars and all proceeds will benefit breast cancer research. More information will be coming soon! (10/5)

ART CLUB will be meeting every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until the day of the parade. We will stay until 5 most days. Come help!

The FHC Book Club will have its first meeting Wednesday, Sept. 28th during 7th hour. The first selection of the year is a Gateway nominee; Hold Still by Nina LaCour. Stop by and see Mrs. Head for more details.

FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) Meetings are held on Thursday mornings at 7:00AM in room 106. Join us for community service, social activities, leadership activities and business news. Ms. Neal, Advisor

Want to march in the homecoming parade September 29? Help us make the banner and pass out candy to the spectators.Join FBLA in room 106 on Thursdays at 7:00AM. Ms. Neal, Advisor

Science Club

Meets every other week in room 222 at 2:30. Our upcoming meetings are

Thursday, Sept. 29

Tuesday, Oct. 25

Volunteers needed to help clean Laurel Park and Spencer Creek for National Public Lands Day on Saturday, Sept. 24! See Mrs. Rowe for a waiver form.

Sports

On Tuesdays and Thursdays from now until basketball season begins in November we will be having open gym. Come on out and hoop-it-up this fall, everyone is invited.

Anyone interested in joining the ultimate Frisbee team should see coach Becker about attending Monday pickup games throughout the fall. (9/16)

The Weight Room (room 008) is open for student use after school – Hours: MWF 2:35 – 4:30 T TH 2:35 – 4:00.

College Visits

College/Date/Period

Maryville University 9/19/7

MIZZOU 9/19/6

Fontbonne 9/20/3

Drury University 9/20/6

Saint Louis University 9/20/7

Benedictine College 9/21/1

University of Alabama 9/21/6

Culver Stockton 9/21/7

Rockford College 9/22/6

Bradley University 9/27/6

Rockhurst University 9/27/7

SEMO 9/28/7

University of Tulsa 10/4/2

MacMurry College 10/5/3

Lindenwood University 10/5/7

Florida State University 10/18/2

Central College 10/18/3

College of Charleston-South Carolina 10/19/3

UMSL 10/19/6

Westminster College 10/20/3

William Jewell 10/20/7

McKendree University 10/21/3

SIU-E 10/24/6

University of Central Missouri 10/25/2

Harris Stowe 10/25/6

Hannibal LaGrange 10/26/3

Webster University 10/28/3

Northern Michigan 10/31/1

Millikin 11/1/6

Missouri Baptist University 11/2/1

Southwest Baptist University 11/7/3

Murray State 11/8/3