Sensational success

On Saturday, FHC’s Sensations dance team competed at St. Charles High School. They left winning second place in jazz and first place in hip hop. These two dances are the same routines they will be performing next weekend at the UDA Nationals.

“This competition was a good confidence boost before nationals,” said junior officer Allison Benney. “We were all happy because we have been practicing really hard.”

The team has been practicing intensely for their competitions, and eventually, nationals. For five days a week since November, they have been practicing and preparing these two dances.

“We’ve been having long, hard practices to prepare, and hopefully it pays off in the end,” said sophomore dancer Riley Brown.

This year, all three FHSD schools will be making the journey to the UDA Nationals in Florida. The Sensations are hoping to make it past their competitors into the finals this weekend.

“We’re really excited, especially since all three schools in the district will be there to represent,” said Benney. “Hopefully we’ll do really well.”

The team will leave Thursday, Jan. 31, and come back Monday, Feb. 4.