The light at the end of the tunnel

12 years. 12 years ago I started on a journey that has taken me where I am today. While I have not always recognized the light at the end of the tunnel, now the light is getting more clear each and everyday. I feel as if my journey is coming to an end, but at the same time I feel as if I knew one is just beginning.

Senior year is only a week old , and I can already tell that these next nine months will be quite the endeavor. With managing the newspaper along with the necessary workload of four AP classes and the responsibilities for taking care of my diabetes and working a job, I know my life is going to be hectic to say the least.

But the challenge excites me. Sure I’m a bit nervous (Let’s face it- I always am), but I know the pride and joy that will come with all the responsibility will be worth it in the end. For me, having responsibility and working hard will make senior year much more enjoyable than just blowing-off my classes throughout my day as many of my classmates will do.

So I invite you all to travel along with me through this pivotal year in my life. I will try my best to document the chaos, happiness and life changing moments that will occur throughout this year. From trying to find the perfect college, to sharing my thoughts about what is going on in the sports world, to the obstacles I will have to overcome during the year, my goal is to give you a snapshot of my life for the next 9 months.