First date creates anxiety

I’m so nervous today; I’m going out on a date with Danny. I’m so excited things could turn out well but so scared I’m going to mess this up. See, I’ve hardly dated. At all. When I was in my last relationship, I went on a few dates one week while my boyfriend-at-the-time had been visiting me before his college semester started, but we had been together for a long time before that. Danny and I just got together. I’m so scared that I’m going to mess something up, and it’s NOT going to be good if that happens.

So, at the moment I’m freaking out. Wondering how it’s going to go. We’re going to a park together and it’s supposed to be all cute and everything but every time something is supposed to end up one way, it always turns out another way. I just know I’m going to say something stupid or my clothes are going to be totally wrong or my makeup is going to look bad or my hair isn’t going to cooperate with me at all. Something of some sort, some way, shape or form is going to go wrong.

Or I’m being paranoid and everything’s going to turn out alright. I’m hoping for that one.

So what all even goes on when you go on a date? I mean, I’ve never gone somewhere with a guy just to hang out. It’s always been a movie or lunch or shopping or something with a purpose. When I think of going to the park, though, I see sitting or walking around awkwardly trying to figure out what to talk about and not knowing what to do. First dates are always awkward Or so I’ve heard.