Occasionally, I Set My Friends On Fire

Let me start this blog off by saying that I, Lizzi Holland, am an addict. I’m addicted to YouTube and I and not ashamed to say so. So, one day, I was trolling YouTube, looking for something entertaining to watch and I stumbled upon a video created by the group Smosh.

Now, if you have never heard of Smosh I must recommend their YouTube channel because they’re hilarious. Well, at least in my opinion they are. Their humor tends to lean more on the stupid side but I’m the type of person to laugh at a video of a dancing cat. So, I enjoy them. But, anyway, I was on their channel and I ran across a music video Smosh created with a group called I Set My Friends On Fire. I clicked on it just to get a quick laugh but it turned out that ISMFOF is actually a talented group.

I Set My Friends On Fire does have screams in it. I have to tell you right away. So, if you hate screamo, then you’re probably not going to be a fan. But, ISMFOF doesn’t have screamo in a, “oh I’m so hardcore and I like to scream with the occasional pig squeal thrown in” sort of way. It is more of a, “hmm, I like the sound of this with a scream in it.” ISMFOF is not trying to be br00tal. So, don’t be concerned about the legitimacy.

Screams aside, the actual music and lyric components of ISMFOF are good. The lyrics are clever and often humorous, which you already know I’m a sucker for, and the music has a nice beat to it without it turning into dub step. So, I really enjoy I Set My Friends On Fire. It’s just a fun group of two goofy guys who decided to make a band, and I dig that. Therefore, you should check them out. Just try out a song or two. What’s the worst thing that could happen?