Smooth sailing from here, I hope

Remember how I was telling you that last week was a giant ball of stress that kept growing bigger and bigger? Well, I don’t know if that was just like a hair ball I coughed out or what, but I’m feeling much more optimistic this week. Maybe I was just freaking out because I wasn’t really used to the hectic back-to-school schedule and just needed some time to adjust. Or maybe I was just being an over dramatic teenage girl. Because that never happens.

So, you may be asking what happened this week to turn everything around? There isn’t really a concrete answer for that because to be completely honest I’m not sure what happened to make the world seem bright and shiny again.

The long weekend was diffidently a factor in creating a chipper mood. I needed the time to just decompress, hang out with friends and just not think for once. Because I feel like I’m constantly thinking about everything and stressing over little things that aren’t worth being stressed about. But, I can’t help it. I’m a worrier. I always have been, and probably always will be. But, at least I can get away from it sometimes. And hey, not having much homework over the weekend probably helped too.

I also am getting more and more comfortable with work. As much as I hate interacting with stranger or large crowds in general, I’m glad that I got this job because it forces me too. And that will eventually make it so that it doesn’t even bother me anymore and then I will be so much better prepared for college. Because college is going to entail constantly meeting new people and I don’t want to completely freak out. That would just end badly; like mental break down, ripping off limbs kind of freak out. No bueno. So, even though it sucks that I’m uncomfortable now, I know that in the long run it will pay off. And it will pay off big.

So, yeah. Things are moving along quite nicely at the moment. And I wouldn’t be disappointed if things stayed that way for a bit. That could mean things are boring, but hey, I’d take boring over crazy any day.