Loving does not mean living

The song lyrics that I chose for this week are from a song that I am not particularly fond of, but they give the basic idea as to what I have been seeing and feeling towards a lot of people lately. The name of the song is called “Believe,” off of Cher’s album also titled “Believe,” which was released in 1998.

“Do you believe in life after love?

I can feel something inside me say

I really don’t think you’re strong enough.”

It really is wrong of me to feel this towards people. I want to constantly have hope for people, even when they don’t show me any reason to have it. I believe that people can change, no matter what. I think what I’m trying to get across with these song lyrics is that the something inside of me is the voice I really don’t want to listen to. I want to continue feeling hopeful, and avoid that doubt. However, it is difficult to ignore that voice sometimes.

A lot of my peers have a really big problem with “love.” It has been said that you cannot love someone else until you love yourself. Some people love themselves too much; others beg for pity and wallow in their self – hatred. It bothers me so much because they continuously make that one person the center of their lives, and get torn apart when they are gone. It’s because they really do not have anything else, since they made that one guy or girl their everything. When it’s gone after a couple of months, they are overly upset and left with nothing. In that world of nothing, they only end up hating themselves more and wishing they had done something different, blaming everything on their own actions.

Well, I’ve heard it over and over again. Everyone thinks their relationship is different and that it will last. I’m glad that these people have goals or high expectations, but they should not be the center of your relationship. Don’t continuously bind yourself to a loose foundation. Live in the moment of your relationship, and enjoy it while it’s there. Don’t be so fixed on the future that you don’t appreciate the present.

Also, when these people “fall in love,” they don’t try to solve problems. They scream and accuse instead of communicate. They stare at some other guy or girl, imagining all kinds of things, which is pretty much just as bad as doing them. A lot of these people dating in high school need to get control of themselves.

Now that that’s on the table, I’m not telling everyone in highschool that they suck at relationships. This doesn’t apply to everyone. However, if you notice yourself getting torn up and ripped apart after every guy or girl, it may be a sign that you’re getting much too attached to something quite unstable.