America is selling out

ive Finger Death Punch just came out with their new album, American Capitalist, and it is absolutely amazing. This is their third album, after The Way of the Fist from 2007 and War is the Answer from 2009. I will most likely be choosing quite a few songs from that album because of how obsessed with it I have become.

The song I chose is called “The Pride.” This song is really neat because it picks out the things that Americans idolize. When you look at it, it’s actually kind of sad because the things listed below really are what so many people worship nowadays. The fact that their lives revolve around such things is pretty funny, and sad.

“Johnny Cash, And PBR, Jack Daniels, Nascar, Facebook, Myspace, IPod, Bill Gates, Smith and Wesson, NRA, Firewater, Pale Face, Dimebag, Tupac, Heavy Metal, Hip-Hop.

I am

What you fear most

I am

What you need

I am

What you made me

I am

The American dream!”

This part of the song, like I said, lists some of the things that Americans drool over. The pre – chorus of this song is saying that the American dream, built off of worldly pleasures and petty items, is exactly what society made it. But the funny thing is, people of this country fear their downfall. They drown themselves in the latest technology and celebrity news, and this being their choice, they bring about their own downfall within their society.

“I’m not selling out

I’m buying in!

I will not be forgotten

This is my time to shine

I’ve got the scars to prove it

Only the strong survive

I’m not afraid of dying

Everyone has their time

I’ve never favored weakness

Welcome to the pride!

Disneyland, White House, JFK, And Mickey Mouse, John Wayne, Springsteen, Eastwood, James Dean, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Playboy, Text me, NFL, NBA, Brett Favre, King James..”

This is the chorus of the song. I believe what he’s trying to say with the line, “Only the strong survive,” is that the people who actually stay true to themselves and do not get wrapped in the poison of fads that have already taken so many. The other part of this particular quote is just more idols of America.

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions or comments, contact me at [email protected].