Bomb threat made at Hollenbeck Middle School

At approximately 8:40 this morning, more than 600 students from Hollenbeck Middle School arrived at FHC after being evacuated from their campus in the wake of a bomb threat, according to Mr. Don Lober, LEAP intern.

After district officials became aware of a bomb threat made against students around 7:30 a.m., school administrators took immediate action in formulating a plan to ensure the safety of all students.

“[Administrators] were clearing the hallways,” said Mr. Christopher Purcell, a teacher at Hollenbeck.

According to Assistant Principal Dave Stofer, all students were initially moved to Central Elementary School, which is across the street from Hollenbeck. Students were housed in the gymnasium for approximately one hour after their arrival around 7:40 a.m.

Mr. Mike Sloan, Director of Purchasing Services and Enrollment Planning, said 12 buses were utilized in transporting Hollenbeck students from Central Elementary to Francis Howell Central.

From there, the students watched movies and videos in the gym and auditorium. Parents were allowed to pick their children outside the FHC auditorium, but it was not mandatory, according to Mr. Lober. The students who were not picked up were brought back to Hollenbeck when the coast was clear later that day.

In the afternnon, the St.Charles County Police arrested a 14-year-old male student, according to Lieutenant Craig McGuire.

“He was arrested for a terrorist threat and directed to a juvenile facility,” McGuire said.