“I’ve been dancing on the tops of buildings.”

I know last week I was saying how I was feeling good, completely relaxed and ready to take on the world. Well, I have a surprise for you – I’m still feeling that way.

I was really worried that I was counting my chickens before they hatched (excuse my old saying, I’m actually an old woman in a teenagers body), but I am happily mistaken. I guess I just didn’t want to expect too much. Keep your expectations low and you won’t even be disappointed when things turn out badly, you’ll merely be pleasantly surprised when good things do. I know that might not be the most productive motto to live by, but hey, it’s working so far.

So, with feeling better about school comes feeling better outside of school, right? Right. Well, this weekend was no disappointment for me. I went to Creepy World, the haunted house in Fenton, with some friends of mine and had perhaps the best night I have had in a while. It was my first time ever going to a real haunted house. I mean, I had been to the haunted house at Six Flags during Freight Fest, but I don’t care what you say, that’s not a real haunted house.

And besides creepy, masked men coming way to close to me (awkward people need constant personal space, remember that), I was laughing all night. Yes, I was that annoying person laughing at a haunted house, but I didn’t care. Personally, I feel like even though as children we are constantly told to express ourselves and not bottle things in, that society tends to dislike when you express emotions. When you’re crying people look away, when you’re yelling you’re told to be quiet and when you’re laughing “too much” people get annoyed.

Well, excuse me, but screw that. I was having fun so I laughed. I don’t care if other people thought I was being annoying. I had fun, and that was that.

I mean hey, if you seriously have a problem with someone laughing you should just stay in your house for the rest of your life when your twenty cats. Because you’re probably an extremely unhappy person.

And that, is that.