Glittering gold

This past week has been insane in the membrane. I’ve been so busy I’m kind of shocked that I didn’t get overwhelmed. You see, I’m involved in theatre (they’re a group of odd kids that accept me, a fellow odd kid) and this past week was production week. If you’re a dunce, which you probably are, and don’t know what that means, let me break it down for you. It’s the week of the production’s premiere. Pretty complicated, I know.

So, all last week I was staying after school until around 10:00 p.m., which is insane because that’s the time that I want to be laying in bed about to drift off to sleep. Another problem with staying that late is that then I would go home and do homework as well. So, I wasn’t really getting to bed until around midnight. That’s not okay. I’m like an old woman, I need sleep or I’ll be cranky and beat young children with a cane.

The only thing that kept me stable throughout last week’s insanity was the fact that theatre is like another home to me. I know that sounds corny, but I love everyone there and it’s one of the few places that I feel truly comfortable. And for me, a girl used to being socially awkward, that’s a rare feeling.

Despite me not exactly being well rested after last week, I’m still feeling good about everything. I’m not stressed out, I just would like a cat nap or two. I’m still getting things done, they just aren’t the quality that I usually demand. And, I’m still content with how things are going.

I feel like last week was a true test as to how I can cope with stressful situations and I feel like I passed. I deserve a gold star. Not silver. Not blue or red or green. Gold.