Riding the creative wave

Week three was not kind to me.

Highlighting what a busy week this week was, I have to admit I probably didn’t do all I could have. It’s about now that the creative juices begin to flow, according to Chris Baty’s No Plot? No Problem! a printed guide to NaNoWriMo. And it did. I got ideas for everything from my main character’s relationship to ideas for the climax of the book. It sucks, then, that I have to wait for a very long time to write the juiciest scenes.

Along with that, my novel somehow turned from a survival story into some kind of wolf-dog romance, and no, don’t ask me how that happened. Suffice to say there is a lot of romantic ramblings I had to stick in there to pad the book, and I’m worried that the book is only going to be padding. It’s a trap I fall into way too easily.

But, more on the word count front. I’m assuming you can guess by now that–surprise–I’m utterly behind. But not hopelessly so. I thought, maybe, that the long weekend might give me the time I need to get caught up, which was not to be! My job, unfortunately, consumed my attention three out of the five days of the weekend.

And now I’m behind.

Which, I’ll admit, is totally expected.