New Year. New List-o-mania

Hello, world. I missed you. Hope you got my holiday regards in the Christmas card I sent (although it could have easily been lost in the mail; I send my postage through the medium of wild owls.)

Needless to say, I’m going to try and make 2012 the best year yet, and without further ado—and with no format whatsoever—I’ll share some of the awesome things to look forward to in this promising new year.

-”Alcatraz”: First off, ‘LOST’ will forever and always be my favorite show. And the mastermind behind that seven-season wonder, (J.J. Abrams) is back Monday January 16th on Fox with an all new show about the infamous Rock known as Alcatraz Island, and the mysteries behind it.

-”The Woman In Black”: My most popular entry last year was over my interview with Daniel Radcliffe, and if all goes right this year, he will undoubtedly break out of his Harry Potter typecast and burst on to the scene as a reputable actor for years to come in this chilling retelling of the second longest running play in British history.

-”The Hunger Games”: In all actuality, I was quite the bookworm over winter break. When I strayed from Hunter S. Thompson and Joseph Conrad, I found myself thrust into the world of Panem, knocking out the first book in a matter of hours. This series has the potential to be the “Harry Potter” of the 2010’s, and I sincerely hope it follows through.

-”The Cabin In The Woods”: Joss Whedon is another one of our generation’s creative geniuses. “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-A-Long Blog” and the tragically cancelled sci-fi series “Firefly” are the kinds of entertainment I can watch over and over again because of their brilliance. This movie is no exception. The trailer and commentary from those who have previewed the film are keeping me on the edge of my metaphorical seat until its release April 13th.

-”Lincoln”: Dramatically speaking, “There Will Be Blood” is one of my favorite films. And basically everything Daniel Day-Lewis is involved in is pure gold. If you haven’t already, look up photos of Daniel Day-Lewis in his Lincoln garb. He is a godsend. A slender, bearded, top-hat wearing godsend. Not to mention the film also stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and is directed by Steven Spielberg. #boomdice

-”The Dark Knight Rises”: This movie embodies the thrilling conclusion to the best superhero saga ever. What more must I say?

-”The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Pt. 1)”: Peter Jackson did a top-notch job on the “Lord Of The Rings” trilogy, this movie has been on his plate for just about ten years, so naturally he went the two film route in a film that I hope compares to the book, which is one of my all-time favorites.

Also be on the lookout for Daniel Craig’s third lap around the James Bond park in “Skyfall”, Quentin Tarantino’s next project, “Django Unchained”, and the epic zombie movie “World War Z” featuring Brad Pitt, based on the smash-hit book of the same name by Max Brooks.

Lastly, I’ve compiled my most highly anticipated albums of 2012 — being diverse as ever, I’m sure that everyone can find at least one of these albums to obsess over until its release rolls around.

-Say Anything “Anarchy, My Dear”

-Kid Cudi “Man On The Moon III”

-Andrew Bird “Break It Yourself”

-Kanye West “GOOD Friday Collections”

-Justin Bieber “Believe”

-Muse “Untitled album”

-The Avett Brothers “Untitled Album”

Things not anticipated:

Breaking Dawn Pt. 2

Overall, the message I want to leave you with is to show those Mayans who is boss and end their calendared-years with a bang. Maybe if you check out all these items you’ll end up being so awesome that the Mayans won’t end life as we know it. So suit up, world. We’ve got some work to do.