Sleep-walking through life

Now that I’m back at school, I feel as though I never left. The break never happened. I never rested. Is this all a dream? Have I been sleep walking? Have I been awake for weeks?

In all honesty, I’m just being a touch dramatic. I’m not too burnt out yet. I’ll save that for when the AP tests start rollin’ in. Barf.

In preparation for the insanity that will ensue once AP tests are on the horizon, I’m attempting to keep things mellow. I’m attempting to keep up with my school work so I don’t get behind, because getting behind = getting overwhelmed. I’m attempting to stay well rested and I’m attempting to stay chipper. I’m attempting all of these things, but I’m not making any promises.

I’m just happy Christmas is over, which is really sad to say because I’ve always loved Christmas. But, after working in retail and dealing with crazy coupon ladies and other Kohl’s customers filled with holiday cheer, I’ve grown to loath the season. Not the holiday, but the season. I just want to get all of that insanity behind me. I want to start feeling normal again.

Pft, a teenage girl? Normal? Not likely.

But, I digress.

I’ve just been in a weird mood lately. I think part of it is the fact that I got together with my friend Alexandra last week. To say that our friendship is normal would be a lie, but she’s the only person whom I can go a month or two without talking to and then pick our friendship back up like no time passed. We just have that type of relationship. But, anywho, we were talking and some of the things she was saying made me nervous. Not nervous in a crippling anxiety sort of way, but just overall uneasy. Because she made me realize that I have not been doing things that I want to do lately. Other things have just been popping up and taking over my life and I’ve forgotten to make time for simple pleasures. I mean sure, one could argue that if I’m not doing something I clearly didn’t want to do it that much, but I disagree. I still like the things I like, they just keep getting continuously swept under the rug.

Goodness gracious. What is life?