Boys, boys, boys

I have a dilemma.

I think that I may have started to see the possibilities of me one day liking this boy.

Okay, okay. So, I already kind of do like this boy. Maybe. A teeny tiny bit. Which I have to tell you, is pretty rare. I don’t even like boys as people, most of the time, not even mentioning the idea of something more than that. What can I say, I’m not a go-getter, new-boy-every-weekend, oh-muh-gawd-eye-think-I-luv-him-after-a-week kind of girl. I’m just not.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized that I’m kind of picky. I don’t see the point of dating someone just to date someone, and I don’t see the point of starting a relationship that is only going to last a week. That just seems like a waste of time and emotion on something so brief and average.

Now, I’m not saying that I’m looking for the man that I’m going to marry or my prince-charming either; I’m not naive enough to think that I could find my soul mate while still in high school. I understand this.

But, at the same time, I’m not going to settle for someone I don’t really have a connection with just to pass the time.

I may not date a lot of people, but when I do they stick around for a year or two. And I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have one relationship for a year than eight relationships, two weeks a piece. That’s not how I roll.

But, alas, I’m getting side tracked. My dilemma. You see, I like this boy, but I almost don’t even see the point of trying to pursue anything. College is literally right around the corner. So, what’s the point of getting attached to someone I’m going to have to say goodbye to in a matter of months anyhow? But, at the same time I don’t want to avoid an opportunity just because of the fear of not being able to say goodbye.

It’s a sticky situation.

And unfortunately, it’s also one that I have to deal with.