The clandestine life

Some say it’s ridiculous how much of my life I have invested in a band that goes by the name of “Fall Out Boy.” After shooting them a look of sheer disbelief, I usually go on my merry way, taking pity on the souls who “spare themselves” from the emotional trips that Fall Out Boy has taken me on over the past six-ish years — ultimately contributing to who I am today.

But that’s beside the point. The indefinite hiatus that they now have themselves in is looking more and more “indefinite” as the days go on. Patrick Stump is enjoying a fruitful solo career and Andy Hurley and Joe Trohman are once again making the genre of music that they’ve always loved through “The Damned Things.”

The odd ball out, really, is Pete Wentz. Resident Chicago party boy, underground clothing industry mogul, recently divorced, and now a reputable DJ through the medium of his two-year electronic project “Black Cards,” (of whom have their first full-length album release dated for early 2012) Wentz — however discreet — has actually been living one of the more exciting lives since FOB’s unfortunate hiatus.

Saturday, Jan. 28th, Black Cards released, free of charge, a 68 minute, 55 second mega mix through the music news website ‘Gotta Dance Dirty.’ This dubstep mixtape has been mildly popular across the Internet, and wildly popular in my own life. It features the likes of big time songs by Rihanna, Gym Class Heroes, M83 and Cobra Starship, while also mixing in respectable dubstep artists like Skrillex, Afrojack, Knife Party and Major Lazer.

When it all comes down to it, this mix serves for a nice escape on a cloud of party. Mr. Wentz has created some of the most connectible lyrics to my life, and I’m intrigued to see if he’ll be able to reciprocate that talent through the music itself. Here’s the link to the site for the free download http://gottadancedirty.com/2012/01/26/gdd-premiere-black-cards-up-the-anti-volume-1/#more-18949. If you have any unfulfilled questions, comments, and concerns email me at [email protected].