Masters of the universe

You know what I would like to know? Well, I’m going to tell you whether you care or not. But, I am curious as to who decided that breakfast foods are ‘breakfast foods.’ Why is it that an omelet with a glass of orange juice is only allotted a small time frame in which to be enjoyed? Another thing – who decided that blue is for boys and pink is for girls? Or that it would be a good idea to apply color to your fingernails? I just have no idea where these ideas came from or why they stuck.

Now, I know that this may seem really random or pointless to you, but these are the things that I wonder about as I lay in bed before I reach dreamland.

It’s just kind of an interesting idea to think about. Like, who are these masters of the universe and why did the common population decide that these ideas are the bees’ knees? Why isn’t pizza a breakfast staple, and why are boys apprehensive to wear pink? It’s just a big idea to think about because it leads to thoughts about ideology in general.

Why do certain ideas stick while others are swept under the metaphoric rug?

And more importantly, how are all of these ideas effecting the world?

I mean, sure, some ideas may not seem to make that big of an impact, like fingernail polish or hair dye, when you think about them on a surface level. But, if you give it a second look, you could say that the idea of fingernail polish began a trend for body modification. Or women being forced into a certain role in order to not ‘chip a nail.’

Maybe I’m weird for wondering, but I’d rather wonder than not. I refuse to be oblivious to the world around me. So, I’ll continue to wonder — even if it only leads to my thoughts going in circles. Hey, consider it me refining my critical thinking skills.