Luke warm welcome

Alas, spring break has come and gone. I never knew two weeks could be so long, yet so short.

It was long in the sense that I am currently brain-dead. The extent of my brain inactivity is the equivalent of returning to school after summer vacation. Let’s just say, I misspelled my own

name this morning.

Whoops.

Yet, at the same time, I wish this spring break could have lasted forever. It was so nice to finally have time to breath. I was able to hang out with friends, and sleep, and bum around without the pressure of school and homework looming over my head.

The only thing I can say that I missed about school was the people – seeing people when I walked into the school for the first time in ages, I felt as if I hadn’t seen them in years. I felt as if I had been sent off to war and this was my arrival back home. Wait, scratch that, I don’t want to be the freak who calls school “home.” No thank you.

I feel like school is so close to being over. Knowing that this is the last quarter of my high school career is kind of insane, I can’t imagine doing anything else.

I mean sure, I’m excited for college. Doing whatever I want, whenever I want? Don’t mind if I do. But, I just wish that the fun didn’t come with so much responsibility. I can’t even take shifts caring for pet hermit crabs. So, how the hell am I going to keep myself alive?