The beginning of the end

So, in case you didn’t know, prom is this weekend. Yeah, that’s right; one of the most infamous events of my high school career is just around the corner.

The idea of my senior prom is still a little alarming to me. I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I’m not excited or anything. In fact, I’m extremely excited — more excited that I would think that I would be. But, it’s still weird because senior prom means senior year. And while yes, I’ve been experiencing an extreme case of senioritis, I still can’t believe that high school is almost over.

I mean holy moly. Three more weeks of school, summer, and then college. It’s scary, but exciting. I think I mainly just haven’t fully comprehended what’s happening.

I think I’m in denial.

I mean, the thought of high school being over is just surreal. I feel like I’m not ready for the real world yet, but at the same time, I think I’m up to the challenge.

Lately I’ve just been feeling like such a mooch to my parents. I mean, come on. They paid for my car, pay for gas, insurance, phone bills, ect, ect. And it kind of makes me feel like a waste of space.

I know my parents don’t have a problem with doing those things for me, they really don’t. But, it makes me feel bad when I talk to other people who are basically on their own already.

This is probably why although I’m scared of the thought of being on my own, I think I need this. Plus, living in a dorm room is not the equivalent of living on your own. So, this will all be a good transition for me. At least I hope so.