Sara Martens

There are over 124 teachers at Francis Howell Central, although they are all excellent and qualified teachers, only a few of them go above and beyond to actually make each and every student feel special and help them to succeed in not only their class, but in other areas of school as well. When you walk into this teacher’s classroom, it’s filled with laughter and discussion. It’s not off subject, unrelated to school talking that you hear, it’s college-like discussion, with very intelligent arguments and word choices. This teacher has a very bubbly and outgoing personality and almost everyone, teachers and students included, would agree with that. She is always smiling and laughing and makes sure students are having a good time in class. She is a very impressive teacher and makes learning surprisingly fun. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen her in a bad mood. She never judges a book by its cover. She is very accepting and easy to talk to and be around, even if you’re not. Caring is the one word I would use to describe her, she cares for her students not only as a teacher, but she understands and feels the pain or joy her students feel right along with them. I chose Mrs. Sara Martens as my appreciated teacher.