From dancing to essays

Woah, I feel like I just stepped out of a whirlwind — this week has been absolutely insane. But, all in all, not too shabby.

First off, let me talk about prom. Prom was fantastically fantastic. My mom was nice enough to get me the perfect dress (purple and black ballgown, fyi), let me get my nails done, my hair done, everything. So, let me begin by giving a shout out to my mom for being pretty damn awesome all the time, but especially about prom.

So, I got ready, slipped on my dress (or laced up, which is a pain in the you know what in case you were wondering), and looked at myself in the mirror. And as ashamed as I am to admit it, I teared up a little bit. Like, I know that’s super dorky and ridiculous, but I did. It was just crazy because for one, that was the prettiest I have ever felt in my entire life. And also, at that moment it hit me that this was the last high school dance I would ever be getting ready for. And that’s crazy to me.

I’ll make a long story short because I’m sure most of you have heard plenty about prom already and just say I came, I saw, I conquered. I got to go to a dance with my best friends and a guy I really like, feeling like a princess. I even slowed danced for the first time in my entire life (yes, it was awkward because hey, I’m awkward, but it was also kind of wonderful). It was a perfect night — there is literally nothing I would change.

To simplify things even more: Prom = good.

And then this week came along with the madness of AP testing. And shockingly, I’m not stressed out. At all. It’s kind of mind boggling. If anything, I just feel empty now. Like, I took my last test today and now I feel like wandering around just like “what am I supposed to do with my life now?”

So, AP tests are checked off the to-do list.

As is prom.

Next item on the list is graduation.