The end of the end

My humble minions, I fear that our relationship has come to an end.

This chapter of my life is now closed.

This ship has sailed.

The fat lady has sung.

Elvis has left the building.

Okay, okay, enough with the madness. But, that’s kind of how I feel about everything. It still hasn’t sunk in that I’m actually graduating. Like, what? Me? Are you sure? But, I’m still 12 years old, right? I’m a baby. I’m not ready to leave the nest yet, so why are you pushing me out?

I know that it’s a cliche to say that the years fly by and that high school will be over before you know it, but you can’t understand how true that is until you are leaving.

You don’t think that you’ll miss this hell hole or the stupid kids in your grade or anything like that. You think that you’re going to be so happy when you’re finally done and free and can do whatever you want.

But, the freedom is frightening.

A small part of me feels ready for everything, but another, smarter, part of me is screaming, “NO WAIT, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?”

But, being afraid isn’t going to keep me from growing up. It won’t stop me from graduating, and it won’t stop me from going to college in the fall. So, I’m just going to swallow the fear and keep on keeping on.

Gotta fake it ‘till you make it.