Wish you were here

In a few short paragraphs, my 2011- 2012 blog will reach its ending. All that will be left is the soft flutter of the wind.

It’s a bittersweet ending. Thousands of views have gone through my twenty eight blogs and it amazes me that anyone — let alone a thousand or more people — would want to read the nonsense I write about. But nevertheless I would like to take this time to say, thank you.

Thank you for putting up with my agglomeration of musical tastes and whatnot; I hope I introduced a couple of you to some alternate lifestyles and music.

And now for the grand finale, I leave you all to enjoy this pumped up summer. A summer that, if you’re smart, should have a healthy dose of superhero movie viewing if you have got sense about you.

Early 21st century superhero movies like “Daredevil,” “Spider Man,” and “The Hulk” (with the dreadful Eric Bana) all but ruined the genre. To the average movie-goer, it seemed that superhero movies had finally descended into perpetual mediocrity.

But there was a light at the end of the tunnel. The powerless Batman started the movement and we have only gone up from there. Two weeks ago, the climax of the cooperation of five movies over the past five years was reached in “The Avengers.” The best superhero movie of the decade, possibly ever.

Joss Whedon and his never ending genius was a huge part of this and I hope film companies — or television stations for that matter — will finally give him a chance in the world to do what he does best: create the unimaginable.

I could gush over “The Avengers” for hours, so I’ll stop before I get too carried away. Just be sure to check it out, along with the upcoming “Spiderman” reboot and “The Dark Knight Rises,” I myself will be at the midnight premiere for both.

And that’s all she wrote. But never fear, i’ll be back as a big bad senior next year and we can have another go around with the blog. Sound good? Also, if anyone would like the inside scoop on any summer releases or happenings also feel free to email me at [email protected]

Cue the wind.