In the spotlight again

On Friday, Fox 2 News came to FHC to host the “Pep Zone,” a Pep Rally held on Friday mornings throughout the high school football season. It was estimated that there were 700 students when it aired at 6:35am, and anywhere from 850 to 1,000 students there at 7am, according to Activities Director Scott Harris.

“Everything went great,” said Mr. Harris. “All of our coaches, sponsors and directors did a great job of getting their teams and groups to participate.”

“Considering the size of the crowd, this was one of the best productions I’ve experienced.” said Ms. Kim Hudson, the reporter from Fox 2 News. “I think the staff is a lot of fun and the students know how to have fun,” she said. “But, they also know when to be serious. A good trait for a student body.”

The Spartan Regiment was able to perform, along with all three levels of Cheer and JV and Varsity Sensations.

“I loved watching all of our students perform” said Mr. Harris. “We have so many talented students and being able to see them display those talents is always a blast.”

The show went on with the mascot race, a race between FHC’s King Leo, Chik-fil-a’s Cow mascot, Pizza street’s Pizza mascot, and Little Caesar’s mascot. King Leo ended up winning the mascot race.

The Pep Zone ended with the donut eating contest between the students and staff. They had one minute to eat as many donut holes as they could.

“I’m so proud to work at a school where all of the students, teachers and coaches support each other and love to show off their ‘FHC Pride’,” said Mr. Harris. “It was such a fun day for all of ‘Spartan Nation’.”