Heartfelt help hard to come by

Because of the earthquake in Haiti, people around the world have “done their part” to help. But I can’t help but wonder, are their hearts in it? Sure, it’s awesome if you can donate $10 dollars via text message, but would you be willing to actually go and help the Haitian people? Truthfully, I think that half of the people who donated, did it so that they could say they donated. But if their heart was in it, the money wasn’t given in vain. When it comes down to it, everyone is selfish and self-centered. If it’s not happening to them, it doesn’t concern them. I’m even like this sometimes; but today, I’m taking a stand to be “anti-FML.” Although I may want to complain, I’m going to stop myself at all cost. This blog is pretty much going to be my outlet; whether it be a rant about people’s selfishness, a how to on helping others or simply just me blabbing on and on, this is always going to have something to do with the suffering through the world – not the happiest subject, but it is realistic.

To help the people in Haiti, without going to Haiti, it’s as simple as going online and using a credit card to donate. Websites like my.CARE.org/HaitiEarthquake, www.WorldVision.org/Haiti, and projectHOPE.org are some good starting places for giving to the Haitian people.