Ten foods to help your acne

Ten foods that help control your acne:

• Organic Green Tea
    • Olive Oil
    • Walnuts
    • Berries (fresh, not frozen or preserved)
    • Lemon Juice
    • Watermelon
    • Low-Fat Dairy Products
    • Whole-Wheat Bread, Cereals, and Brazil Nuts
    • Yogurt
    • Water

What is it about these that help your skin? Some have anti-inflammatory chemicals, monounsaturated fats, omega-3, phytochemicals, vitamins A, B, and C, or dietary selenium. All of these are important to the health of your skin cells, particularly vitamin A and selenium. Selenium can actually reduce the damage done to your skin if your levels are high enough (not that it makes it okay to go tanning. That is still bad for your skin regardless).

While I was reading about this, I ran across some really interesting information about the lemon juice and yogurt that I think is worth putting out there for you all to see. Lemon juice is a natural bleach. Some people use it to fade sunspots or even freckles by placing a slice of lemon over their skin for ten minutes a day every day for a week. But I’m willing to bet that if it can fade sun spots and freckles, it could also fade out the color of little imperfections or even scars on your face. If it can fade some things, why not others? I personally would love to try this some time.

Now about the yogurt, supposedly it can be used as a facial mask in a way. Apply it to your face every morning and with cool water rinse it off after a few minutes. This is supposed to smooth your complexion and keep your skin looking fresh and healthy. Another thing to note is that mixing yogurt and lemon juice is supposed to be a great way to soften your hands.

If you’re looking for a natural way to wash your face, try rubbing a cut lemon and half a teaspoon of sugar on your skin as a facial scrub. The sugar works as beads and the lemon juice is good for your skin, so you win both ways. Do not get it near your eyes, though, and stop if you get lemon juice in your eyes. Rinse them immediately to avoid irritation. Also, some people with sensitive skin have had reactions to this, so please be careful and pay attention if you decide to try this out. Good luck!

Questions, comments, or suggestions? E-mail me at [email protected]. For more information, visit acnecaretips.com!