The privilege of the party playlist

My sister has turned me on to an artist which I never thought could produce music that would interest me in the least. However, I have been proven wrong.

Katy Perry has seriously turned it out. I can truly say that with this mainstream kick going on, this is the only album I would even consider wasting my time with. To be entirely honest, the only mainstream songs are the ones who have a bangin’ beat. There is never any depth to the lyrics, or freshness in the chords or notes themselves to any of those types of songs. However, my point is, the album “Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry has at least four songs on it I have put on a party playlist. (That is a privilege.)

“Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)”, “Peacock”, “E.T.”, and “Circle The Drain”. However, I’m only going to touch on the three main ones. (The first three mentioned.) The songs “Firework” and “Teenage Dream” have been ruined due to overplaying, which isn’t their fault. I have just lost interest.

However, the songs that made the cut? They all have different elements that make them the best song to either dance to, or drive to with all your ladies in the car. “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)” is a song that possess both qualities. The lyrics themselves are humorous in the sense of, whether you’re actually into all of that or not, they are addictive! Also, with the random saxophone solo? It gives it a classic city sound!

“Peacock”. What the heck can I say? The title inappropriately says it all. The lyrics are so enticing in a strange kind of way, it is just entertaining! You could probably guess what it’s about, which is why it would be classified as a song that you only listen to in the car with all of your ladies. Or a bachelorette party. Your pick.

The song “E.T.” has a ridiculously awesome bass line. I cannot convey to you how amazing it sounds in the car when you’re cruising. If your bass bumps, then it is the bomb. But, that may just be me. I live for the bass in songs because I love seeing my rear-view mirror shake. This song’s lyrics are futuristic and alluring.

This album surprised me in the best of ways, and I am always looking for an artist’s ability to do that for me. It is worth your time and frankly, your money.