Record total raised for Adopt-A-Family

Adopt-A-Family is an annual fundraiser the Foreign Language Department participates in around the holiday season.

“I’ve been here for five years, and we’ve done it every year since I’ve been here,” said Mrs. Ashley Wager, Spanish teacher.

Every year, the foreign language classes get information about certain things a family needs to help during the holidays; however, family names stay anonymous. The information is provided by St. Joachim and Anne, and the department chooses a family to help.

This year, the Foreign Language Department raised a record total of nearly 2,500 dollars for the family in need; 2,200 of that was from students alone. The rest of the money was raised through a faculty breakfast.

Several students really got into the spirit of giving. Two students donating 50 dollars each. Senior Courtney Crocker donated a total of 158 dollars to the fundraiser.

“What I normally do is with every paycheck, I divide what I make into savings, checking and a separate envelope for charity. Ten percent of what I make in every check goes to a charity. I let it accumulate over time, and then I donate it to either my church or another charity,” said Crocker.