If you can’t get someone off your mind

This week has definitely been a week. I’ve heard so many things about my friends in one time, it’s kind of hard to take it all in. The other day I found out my friend Sarah might be pregnant. We were all worried for her, and she got pretty stressed out over the whole thing. (I mean, who wouldn’t be freaked out if they thought they were pregnant in high school?) But then she found out she wasn’t, and everything suddenly relaxed a lot.

Then, I found out some really good news. My friend Nathan is going to quit smoking, and I bet he’s really going to be able to overcome the addiction. I know it’s really bad for high school students to smoke in the first place, but I’m really proud of him for taking the initiative to quit. He decided on his own, and as far as I’ve heard, his friends are all supporting his decision, but I’m sure somewhere someone doesn’t feel the same way we do. But I really don’t think that’s going to change his mind. When he puts his mind to something, he always succeeds.

Then there was some shocking news. I know I’m seventeen and all, but am I really the only one against having sex yet? I just realized I’m really the only one in my group of friends who hasn’t yet. I mean, it’s been like this for a while, but it really just hit me. I honestly don’t understand why people can’t wait to do it, or can’t go so long without it, or even get into relationships just to get it.

Most of my friends have said they like it, but I really don’t see what’s so impressive about it. I guess I’m just one of those people who really wants it to be special, and as cliché as it sounds, with “the one,” and I just don’t see how people can do something that’s supposed to be so special with half the people in school. I guess it’s just me, though, because almost everyone else seems to know why they do it, you know, since they’re doing it and all.

Another thing that’s been on my mind lately is Zach. I can’t seem to get him off my mind this last week. Just knowing that he knows me so well has really started to put things into an entirely new perspective for me. I feel more comfortable around him now, like I can be more open with him, and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but I’m going to go with it until he gives me a reason not to trust him anymore. Who knows, maybe I’ve got a crush on him. They always say if you can’t get someone off your mind then maybe they’re supposed to be there.

-Connie
    1/25/2011