Time to Panic! at the Disco

Whether in the mood for some edged out punk or something a bit more mellow, I always find myself reaching for a Panic! at the Disco CD I have been a faithful fan of Panic! for years now and I have found myself grow with them as they have changed the feel of their music time and time again.

It’s safe to say that Panic! has gone through different phases of types of music that they have worked on. Their first album, “A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out” is drastically different than their more recent one, “Pretty. Odd.” “A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out is best described as rock with a dash of punk-pop. The lyrics are sarcastic and gritty and sometimes dark, but always with a beat worthy of fist-pumping to all night. My all time favorite song by Panic!, “Build God Then We’ll Talk”, is on this CD, which is probably why I can’t help but favor it a tinsy winsy bit more than their second album.

Although I favor “A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out” just a tad bit more, “Pretty. Odd” is a close second. “Pretty. Odd” has an indie, soft rock flare. On this CD my favorite song is “Northern Downpour” simply because it’s a relaxing, beautifully performed song (which I can say because I have seen Panic! live in concert).

Panic! currently has a new album, “Vices & Virtues”, being released on March 22, 2011. I’m really excited to see how their music has changed, especially ever since Ryan Ross and Jon Walker left the band. In case you hadn’t heard, they left because of “musical differences.” However, if you have always loved Ryan and Jon you can always check out their new band The Young Veins. I personally think they took The Beatles’ influence too far and from what I have heard from them I’m not a fan of.

I suppose my heart will always remain with Panic! and I highly suggest listening to them, especially for those of you who lost a bit of interest in them. And for all of those who are avid fans, I guess I’ll see you guys on March 22nd when I’m at the nearest store buying their new album right alongside you.