This Providence

Normally, when I broach the subject of “indie bands” I am greeted with a chorus of groans. The generic image of some “hipster” with a vintage T-shirt and a scarf also pops into many’s heads. However, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but “indie” is just a label. And I, for one, refuse to limit my musical options over something so trivial. So, I would like to introduce you all to a lovely band called This Providence.

I’d have to say, the thing that really makes This Providence so original is that fact that this band can provide a song for any type of mood you might be in. Upset over boyfriend/girlfriend troubles? They have a song for that. Feel like your little heart is about to burst from all of the love within it? They have a song for that. Do you feel like someone made a fool of you? Are you in a bouncy happy mood? Are you angry?

This Providence has a song for any emotion you happen to be feeling at the moment.

Now as much as I’d like to, I can’t take credit for this diamond find. A friend of mine stumbled upon them and introduced me to them as well. And I cannot tell you how lucky I am that she did. This Providence can easily fit into my list of favorite bands/artists.

So, I think if you have some spare time, you should delve into their music a little bit. My all time favorite song by them is “A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing.” I personally would listen to that song first. If you do decide to listen to “A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing”, I’d advise you to go to This Providence’s myspace page (I know how old Myspace is, but bare with me guys) because there is literally no video of this song that isn’t live. And while a live show is fun while you’re there, I wouldn’t want to use a live recording as a basis of whether or not I like a band. So…. if you’ve never listened to them head off to their Myspace page.

Now you lazy kids don’t even have to navigate away from this page. You just have to click on a mouse. Yeah that’s right. You’re welcome. 🙂