Cross country prepares for possibly most challenging meet

The Forest Park meet on Saturday, the biggest cross country meet for the girls team, was a way for the girls to compare their skill compared to most of the other schools in the state, according to Coach Michelle Breuer.

“I think it puts things in perspective for the girls. It was a huge huge meet, like state, that gives the girls an idea of where we are at,” Coach Breuer said.

On Saturday, the team will run one of their hardest meets at Sioux Passage at 9 a.m. This course is notorious for its hills, specifically the “Man Maker,”making the meet challenging for all runners.

“Our kids usually do pretty well at this race even though in their heads they think it’s hard,” Coach Breuer said. “It’s a challenging meet but it is fun.”

For this meet, Coach Breuer hopes for the team as a whole to get six medals, four for the boys team and two for the girls. Not only does Breuer want medals, she also expects the team to place in the middle of all of the teams.

Coach Breuer would also like to see the teams improve based on their performance at the Forest Park meet. The team should be using that meet as a preview of the state competition.

“I want to see if they’re going to make the adjustment from Forest Park to this week. They have been practicing really hard and I want them to be there mentally for this meet,” Coach Breuer said.