Mr. FHC falls through

Followers of STUCO’s Twitter account (@FHCStuCo) may have seen it last night: Mr. FHC has been cancelled. This is disappointing for students looking forward to the guys only beauty pageant, which would have been held this Friday night, and also frustrating for STUCO sponsor Vicki Pohlman.

“The guys seemed really interested, so I don’t know why we didn’t get all the forms. Out of 30 guys only eight had got their forms to us,” Mrs. Pohlman said.

The pageant would have been the first in recent years run by STUCO, with competitors from each grade level, and different categories, like formal wear.

“North and Howell both have [a pageant] and we’ve fought for a long time to get it,” Mrs. Pohlman said.

Although it is not likely STUCO will reschedule the event for later in the year, there is always the possibility that Mr. FHC will happen next year.

“There was a lot of interest from the juniors, and most of them had turned in their forms, but we haven’t even talked about [doing Mr. FHC next year] yet. We’d be willing to if people were truly interested and going to follow through with the commitment,” Mrs. Pohlman said.