Swimming Through Senior Night

Seniors are recognized and celebrated for all their hard work and dedication to the sport. This year, the team’s 10 seniors were recognized.

Swimming [for Central] gave me a lot of new friends, and definitely made me a better swimmer. Whenever I joined I was not very good and I would say I’m above average now”

— Danny Ruhmann

On monday, the boy’s swim team participated in a time honored high school athletics tradition: senior night. The night consisted of awards, memories, and of course, swimming. Over half the team is made up of seniors, with 10 seniors and 8 underclassmen swimming this year.

This year, the team participated in a meet against Fort Zumwalt North and came out victorious. The seniors and their parents all came out on the bulkhead and were recognized, gave a brief address to the team, and shared their plans for college. The boys also followed a team tradition, one that Senior Andy Lippincott has watched happen for years, and finally participated in last Monday.

“There’s kinda a tradiotion where seniors wear khakis and crazy shirts for senior night” Lippincott said. 

With any club, sport, or activity, memories are made, connections are fomed, and lives are enriched. High school swim is no exception, with every practice, meet, and pasta party contributiong something to the athletes lives. Danny Ruhmann, who has been on the team all four years of high school, has been impacted by swim in a few ways. 

“Swimming [for Central] gave me a lot of new friends, and definitely made me a better swimmer. Whenever I joined I was not very good and I would say I’m above average now” Ruhmann said. 

With half the semestor of theit final year under their belt, the seniors look forward to the next chapter of their lives, both as swimmers and students. Senior Tristan Wrenshared his plans for the future.

“I’m probably gonna swim in college” Wren said.