DECA Reigns Supreme

Students were surveyed about their favorite clubs
Bella Smith
Tonisha LaMartina grabs a student paper slip that holds the chosen ‘briefcase’.

Navigating the  world of extracurriculars at Francis Howell Central, students have voiced their preferences, and the rankings are in. Here’s a snapshot of the most popular clubs, from student favorites to those earning honorable mentions.

1. DECA – The Undisputed Champion

Topping the list with an overwhelming majority of votes is DECA. 27 out of 50 surveyed students agreed that this was their favorite. DECA not only prepares students for future careers but also fosters an environment of collaboration and personal growth, earning its spot as number 1. Students also report that they are biased towards DECA because of the cookies they sell. 

1. Student Council – The Voice of the Students 

Coming in at a strong second place is the Student Council. With its emphasis on leadership, event planning, and community service, the Student Council resonates with a broad spectrum of students. The club’s impact is felt school-wide, making it a close contender for the top spot. Something students were particularly fond of was the homecoming this year. They felt it was very well organized and are excited to see more events being pushed out!

1. Drama Club – Lights, Camera, Community

The Drama Club takes the spotlight in third place, captivating students with its creative flair and vibrant performances. While occasionally facing challenges in recruitment, the club’s dedicated members consistently deliver compelling productions, showcasing their talent and fostering a sense of artistic community within the school.

1. National Honor Society – Academic Excellence in Action

Recognizing and celebrating academic achievement, the National Honor Society secures a solid fourth place. With a focus on scholarship, leadership, service, and character, this club attracts high-achieving students eager to make a positive impact both within the school and the broader community. 

1. Epsilon Beta – Elevating the Library Experience

Now last but definitely not least, securing the fifth position is Epsilon Beta, a dedicated group working to enhance our library. They’re on a mission to transform it into an inviting space for everyone. Epsilon Beta doesn’t just stop at books; they’re actively engaged in library-focused community service, aiming to improve the overall learning environment. With their commitment, Epsilon Beta adds a special touch, contributing to the welcoming atmosphere that makes our school unique

Honorable Mentions:

• Debate Club – A Platform for Persuasion and Eloquence
  • Robotics Club – Innovating Minds and Building Tomorrow
  • Art Club – Unleashing Creativity on Canvas

These honorable mentions, while not securing top spots, deserve recognition for their unique contributions to the school community. The Debate Club provides a space for lively discourse, the Robotics Club dives into the world of technology and engineering, building innovators one bot at a time, and the Art Club channels creativity into visually stunning expressions. 

In conclusion, the club scene at Francis Howell Central reflects a diverse array of interests and passions. From the dynamic world of business in DECA to the creative endeavors of the Drama Club, each club plays a vital role in shaping the extracurricular landscape and contributing to the rich tapestry of student life.