DECA heads to state with most qualifiers in history

With the state competition approaching, DECA students are preparing for a success. This year has brought 35 state qualifiers which is the most in Central’s history. Mr. Steve Cross expects to succeed because of practice and preparation.

“We expect to do well,” Mr. Cross said. “You have to expect that you are going to do well in any competition. We have a lot of numbers this year.”

During the competition, students will take tests, do role plays, do written projects and other activities while competing to place in the international competition.

“There is a category in the competitions for almost any career option for students,” Mr. Cross said.

The competition is at the Lodge of Four Seasons at the Lake of the Ozarks during spring break from March 18-20.

Along with the state competition, DECA has many other events approaching the end of the school year including the DECA dodgeball tournament, marketing classes putting Friends of Children baskets together, the DECA bowling extravaganza and a toilet paper drive for a local charity.