Another Victory for the Spartans

We interviewed two JV players about the game that took place at St. Dominic.

Bryce Lee, Reporter

On August 29, our JV Girls went to St. Dominic high school and won their first set 25-15 and their second set, 25-17.  JV’s and Varsity’s outside hitter, Haley Vlassos, was asked about her thought on the game.

She said, “The game went pretty well it started off rough but then we got organized and focused and started playing our game .”

The JV team has lately has been on a hot streak by going undefeated 6-0 so far in the season every game hasn’t been a walk in the park for them.

Varsity, JV and freshman setter, Emily Mundle, spoke her thoughts about the freshman game. “ We should’ve definitely played better. We had a rough start that that lead into the game a little too long.”

“We could’ve talked more, so I would definitely say just communicating more and moving our feet a little more would continue or level of play,because we were kind of being lazy on the defensive end.”

So far, JV has started off their season with an undefeated 6-0. The team has had it’s struggles but it hasn’t been anything they couldn’t overcome.When asked about how the season will go both players had similar comments.

Vlassos said “ I see a lot of potential in this team and this season because we all have played together before so I think this season will go well.”

Mundle said “ I think we could have a really good season, so far we’ve gotten off to a good start being 6-0 and I don’t see us losing any time soon.”