Spartans fall to Jaguars

Last year, the first football game was away against Fort Zumwalt West. This year was no different; however, they did have the advantage of the home field, but the outcome proved no different- a loss. After four quarters of play, the Spartans found themselves with their first loss of the season, a 64-28 defeat at the hands of the Jaguars.

Sophomore Chip Miller, under center taking varsity snaps for the first time in his high school career, threw for 218 yards on 8 completed passes of 16 attempts with a passer rating of 121.5. He hooked up with senior Garner Wilson five times, and Wilson took three of the five receptions to the end zone for touchdowns. Senior Micah Alsobrook ran the ball twice for a total of eight yards, but found himself in the end zone on one of those attempts.

“We didnt win the game, but we saw a lot of things that we could build on to get better throughout the season,” said senior Micah Alsobrook.

The Spartans will look to rebound this Friday, when they travel to Vianney, who also found themselves losing in their first contest.