Review: ‘Paranormal Activity 2’

“Paranormal Activity 2” is well on its way to being just as successful as the first. Within the opening weekend, the film grossed $41.5 million; $6.3 million from the midnight release alone. If you do the math, that means that in that weekend alone about 4 million people went to see this movie. I think those results also aid me in this review, the movie was top notch.

After the success of the first movie, I was surprised that the second could keep up with the expectations. Starting with only $11,000, “Paranormal Activity” grossed just under $200 million in profit. Thus, showing that less is more with some movies. Now Paranormal Activity 2 is following in its footsteps.

I went and saw the movie at its midnight release, the show was sold out about 20 minutes before it started, every single seat was taken. The movie is good, but only appeals to a certain audience. Certain people love it, others hate it. I was one of the people who loved it and strongly recommend it.

The film is shot the same as the first (with camerawork such as in “The Blair Witch Project”). Such work keeps costs down and entertainment up (I think the money speaks for itself).

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I would recommend it to anyone I know, in fact, I might even go see it again. I do have to say that the producers saw what worked in the first and what did not, then fixed it. The film is no where near as slow as the first one, it is extremely fast paced.

If you saw the first one, you need to see the second. So many things are explained and yet, so many are left open. Also, I recommend you see this in theatres, it is all about the experience. Nothing beats being in a theatre where everyone is on the edge of their seats and certain parts even make them lose their seat. Quite simply, the movie is a must see thriller-horror. But you must see the first film first.