Let’s “GO!”

The FHC Regiment is back with a new show and a new attitude.

Lets+GO%21

Jared McClellan, Staff Reporter

FHC Regiment is showing a fierce new side this year, and the students are planning to bring home the gold. The FHC Regiment has shown a lot of improvement from last year which was shown in bandcamp.

“Bandcamp showed improvement, yet it still showed room for improvement,” said sophomore Kayleigh Ammond.

Ammond was part of the band her freshman year and is still playing flute for them this year. Along with the band’s wonderful improvement came an attitude adjustment.

The band has become mesmerized in how well they did last year that they are trying to do better but are often drifting astray.

“We’re not as focused during our rehearsals, so we need to be brought into focus during each rehearsal,” according to junior Mariah Skelly.

Skelly has been on band all three of her years at FHC. Skelly also spoke about why they need to focus.

“We need to raise our music score to increase our overall score which can be done by bringing our focus to the music.”

The band has a new show which is entitled “GO!” which has an arrow theme. The band will be debuting their skills with this show at their competition in O’Fallon on September 13.

“We will be performing at O’ Fallon Township H.S. on September 13th, Lafayette H.S. on September 27th, Ft. Zumwalt North on October 4th, Tulsa Union H.S. in Tulsa, OK on October 11th, BOA SuperRegional at Edward Jones Dome on October 17th, Mizzou on October 18th, and Francis Howell on October 25,” said the band director, Mr. Griffin.

The band has many competitions to prove themselves this year. FHC Spartan Band is going for the victory this year.