Strickler places eighth, 16th at state, breaking record

All season, junior Alison Strickler has been pushing herself and working to make herself better and better. This weekend, she proved herself by placing eighth in the 100-meter backstroke and 16th in the 50-meter freestyle state events. This earned her a medal in the 100-meter backstroke as well as a new school record, dropping her own time by three seconds.

“Her backstroke time was the best she’s ever gotten, while she stayed about where she was before in the 50 free,” said Coach Erin Thurston.

According to Coach Thurston, Strickler exceeded all her expectations in Friday’s preliminaries, then she stayed stagnant on Saturday.

“Strickler was very excited about medalling in eighth place, but was not very happy with 16th place,” said Coach Thurston.

Strickler continues to show her perseverance and passion even as the season has ended.

“She is one of those people who is always wanting to do better and do more,” said Coach Thurston. “She is already looking forward to next year and what she can do in the 100-backstroke.”