Cross country teams prepare for state

This season, according to sophomore Taylor Stone, the boys cross country team could possibly make history for Francis Howell Central.

“[Senior] Josh McKinley is expected to go to state for sure, and our boys team has a shot at being the first boys team at state for Central in history,” Stone said.

Although things look positive for the team, there are always things a team can do to improve according to Stone.

“We need to work on staying together during practice.We need to run with the same people in practice that we do in meets and we will get better,” said Stone.

Not only is success common for the boys team, according to sophomore Madison Grumich, the girls are also doing well.

“Most of us have dropped times since the beginning of the season and we are getting closer to our goals,” Grumich said.

The girls team is also expected to have a few state qualifiers according to Grumich.

“[Senior] Sydney Voss and [freshman] Brittany Kennedy are expected to go to state but the team as a whole probably will not make it,” Grumich said.

As the season comes to an end, the team will run its next meet this Saturday at the district meet at McNair Park.